We stayed in Pratunam Pavilion hotel for 4D3N. It is a 3 star hotel located near malls like Platinum Fashion mall, MBK, Central world etc. It wasn't as bad as what those online reviewers commented. Don't expect too much from a 3 star hotel.
- Great service
- Free wifi (Password reset everyday so you have to ask reception for new password every morning)
- Free buffet breakfast everyday
- Complimentary tuk-tuk (Provide free trip to Platinum fashion mall)
What's not awesome?
- Hotel located in alley (It gets quite creepy during the night)
- Limited varieties for buffet breakfast
- Noisy (You can hear people shouting, vehicles driving around. Quite annoying at times)
- Buy 2 pieces and above in Platinum Fashion Mall to get the wholesale price. Not easy to bargain if you buy only 1 piece
- Take cab instead of tuk-tuk. Tuk-tuk tend to overcharge you. When you take cab, ask the cab driver to switch on meter.
- Bring AT LEAST $500. Remember that Bangkok is a shopping paradise especially for girls. You wouldn't want to regret bringing insufficient amount!
- Try not to stay out too late as it gets really messy out there after 12am
- Sim Lim Square exchange rate is quite good. Can consider changing there :)
- Go to this shop called 'dtac' at Basement 1, Platinum Fashion Mall if you wanna get an internet card. I paid 380 baht for unlimited access of internet for one week. It also includes 100 baht for you to call out. It's 3 baht/min when you call Singapore.
- Dial 004 before you enter the mobile number. This enables you to call with a cheaper rate!
Day 2 to be continued....Stay tuned!